Laptop setup assistance

storkus at storkus.com storkus at storkus.com
Sun Feb 3 13:56:58 MST 2008

Carlton, attaching a copy of the output of "dmesg" and "lspci -v" would
be very helpful so at least we know what hardware you're using.  Laptops
are notorious for being difficult to support in free software because of
the weird hardware they come with.  And if this laptop is brand new, add
to that lack of drivers for new hardware.

So the bottom line is we need to know what kind of video and audio
"cards" you have in your system to be able to help.

Mike