PostgreSQL vs. MySQL, was: MySQL premium services?

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:19:53 MST 2008

  yep thats in accord with my current views on this space.  It seems that
when mysql went commercial, certain players in this space immediately
converted to PG.  But for my issues, we are dealing with support costs, and
it seems that MySQL offers a bit more manageability.  Many suggest PG over
MySQL but I can't find any dependable feature matrix to really back up these
views.  Unfortunately I think I am dealing more with overzealous PG
proselytes than informed users.  In my case there are costs X associated
with switching off of MySQL, so PG has to offer something in value
comparable to X.

  thanks!

  -jmz