KDE 4 and Kubuntu?

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 20:51:39 MST 2008

  Buying from these small dealers can be a total nightmare.  I took a look
at their return policy:

  "If you get it and decide that it's just too different from Windows or Mac
for your liking (or for any reason) feel free to return it within 30 days
for a refund. Note that there is a 15% restocking fee on all returns."

  -jmz

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Dan Lund <situationalawareness at gmail.com>wrote:

> And on that road, I figure I'll share something I ran across in my
> google advertisements which caught my eye.
> A $299 Ubuntu computer...
> 2ghz cpu, 1gb ram, 160gb sata drive, nvidia 6100 video card, etc..
> figured I'd share.
> http://www.zareason.com/shop/product.php?productid=16183
>
> Thanks,
> Dan Lund
> It is necessary for him who lays out a state and arranges laws for it
> to presuppose that all men are evil and that they are always going to
> act according to the wickedness of their spirits whenever they have
> free scope.
> -Niccolo Machiavelli
>

> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Dan Lund
> <situationalawareness at gmail.com> wrote:
> > OH wow, a totally different world for me, then...
> > Though it's a good thing they've gone down that road.  I've learned
> > something new today, I feel smart :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dan Lund
> > It is necessary for him who lays out a state and arranges laws for it
> > to presuppose that all men are evil and that they are always going to
> > act according to the wickedness of their spirits whenever they have
> > free scope.
> > -Niccolo Machiavelli

> >> I would say it a little differently.  Ubuntu is designed for consumer
> >> level users.  It's goals are to be simple to install and configure --
> >> not something that requires a manual, but we try to keep a good one of
> >> those too.  For instance, the Ubuntu installer doesn't ask if you want
> >> to install development packages.  We assume that your Grandmother would
> >> be confused by the question and you can use the application installer.
> >>
> >> Some other Ubuntu core values are a predictable release cycle (every 6
> >> months) and significant community participation (vs. something like
> RHEL).
> >>
> >>             --Ted

"Never take counsel of your fears." - Andrew Jackson

- http://www.joshuazeidner.com/