KDE 4 and Kubuntu?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Aug 25 17:40:35 MST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 17:33 -0700, Dan Lund wrote:
> I meant between Ubuntu and RHEL/CentOS.  The only reason I put RHEL
> and CentOS together is because CentOS is pretty much RHEL without the
> name breaking copyrights.
----
and without the hardware compatibility guarantees and the service level
agreements.

Ubuntu server is trying to carve out a piece of the "Enterprise" Linux
which Red Hat dominates and SuSE/Novell has been the only other player.

Ubuntu server has a longer support window than normal Ubuntu and service
level agreements are indeed available for Ubuntu server. Where RHEL (and
possibly CentOS) have big advantages is support for commercial software
like Symantec Anti-Virus, BrightStor ArcServe, Oracle, Dell OMSA, etc.

Craig