Exim on Ubuntu

Eric Cope eric.cope at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 21:13:33 MST 2008

Hello all,
I am trying to get the "mail" command to work on my Ubuntu laptop. I
apt-get'ed exim and mailutils. I installed and ran the dpkg-reconfigure
command.
I am trying to use an external smtp server (mail.voltampmedia.comspecifically).
I highly doubt my ISP blocks smtp because they do not block 80,21,22,etc
(one of many perks of living in Maricopa).

The mail command works.
I see the mail in the queue (sudo mailq).
However, the mail just sits in the queue, never going anywhere.

The lack of google results scares me. Either it is so insanely easy, that
its not even worth putting tutorials online, or its so rarely done, nobody
knows how. Or I am searching the wrong terms.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric Cope