Upgrading to Cox

farli farli at deru.com
Tue Aug 19 10:09:56 MST 2008

I am finally in a position to upgrade my dialup service, along with
finally getting something other than broadcast tv.

I am looking at the Cox Bundle which provides Permier Internet access,
digital cable, and digital phone.

First, the website seems to imply that the phone service is over fiber,
not copper.  Does that mean that I will no longer have to deal with
phone outages because of Qwest copper wire shorts?

Can I use the Cox internet connection without a firewall?

I am not real proficient at setting up things like this.  Does Cox do
all the setup?

Any other info you guys can offer would be appreciated.

ty

Jim