My firewall issues

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Aug 18 12:48:22 MST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 12:33 -0700, farli wrote:
> I have a firewall running Mandrake SNF which connects to the internet
> via a dialup connection and connects to three other boxes, one vista,
> one mandrake 2006, and one mandrake 2007, thru a four port hub.
>
> Need any more info?  I am not a genius here, but I know a little bit
> about this internal network of ours.
>

> Craig White wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 12:05 -0700, farli wrote:
> >> OK - current status: firewall allows access to only https sites, not
> >> http, I can ping the firewall box from any of the other boxes, I cannot
> >> ping any other box from the firewall nor can I ping any box from any box
> >> except the firewall.
> >>
> >> Any ideas what is going on with my firewall box?
> > ----
> > Crystal ball cloudy...need actual information
> >
> > what is 'firewall box' ?
> >
> > Appliance?
> >
> > Computer running what OS?
> >
> > Craig
----
OK - gathering that the issue is that this system has worked well for
___ amount of days/weeks/months/years and all of a sudden, this is a
problem...

Have you updated or restarted this Mandrake system?

What is output of iptables -L -n on this system ?

Does 'SNF' stand for something important?

Where did the 'firewall' rules/scheme come from? A set of
scripts/instructions from some URL?

Craig