GCC C/C++ application to run on Windows

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 10:23:26 MST 2008

I was pondering writing an accounting program for personal use.  As I get into it, it sure seem like a lot more work than I had expected.  It appears QT is not free.

Java is a possibility however there is the learning curve....

The learning curve is present for all the solutions.

I was hoping to write a simple cash flow accounting system that I can expand and customize based on my business model.

I studied Java some time ago and still have a good book that covers everything I would need to know....  That leaves me ill prepared for this project....

I also wanted to build some SEO tools.

I wonder how good Java would be at parsing web pages?

Keith

Keith Smith