GCC C/C++ application to run on Windows

Michael March mmarch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:30:23 MST 2008

Believe it or not its *very* easy to package a Python script that talks to
MySQL for Windows (using py2exe). The issue is that for Python you have to
have separate packaging for *NIX and Windows environments. Aside from that
its easy-peasy.

Also, the db drivers for MySQL, PostGresql, Oracle, MS SQLServer, Firebird,
Sqlite, etc are all pretty solid under Python. I'm usin' them all with no
issues.

The issue with Java is that, well, you have to code it in Java.. but if C++
was his first choice Java isn't that bad I guess.