linux drivers: Nvidia vs ATI

Patrick C patrick.pxc.c at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 14:47:18 MST 2008

I just bought a new Thinkpad T61p, and it still lives up to IBM's old
standards of quality. The video card is an Nvidia Quadro FX 570M, and
performs quite well. AFAIK, while ATI's newer graphics chipsets have good
Linux support, those chipsets haven't really filtered down to laptop
manufacturers/embedded chipsets yet.