drive recovery

Technomage Hawke technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 17:24:31 MST 2008

Kevin (and others of the list)
thanks for the suggestions. I've been told that this is very likely a
hard disk HEAD crash, which would make any data on the drive nearly
impossible to recover without spending $$$ to get at it (lowest price
I found so far was $499.00 and it would take a week). I can see now
why there is such big moeny in data recovery. I can do the software
stuff easily enough, but some hardware may be out of my reach (HD
sugery requires a class 100 clean room and I don't have $2 million to
invest). Now, I wouldn't mind working for one of more of these places.
they do tend to pay well and I could learn rather a lot.