dsl/cable-cable

Erich Newell erich.newell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 17:35:18 MST 2008

Let me preface what I'm about to say with a disclaimer: I think Cox
Communications (as a company) sucks.

That said, I've had no other option for the past 8years in my
house...and as long as I don't have to call them or rely on them for
anything other than bandwidth (no DNS, no mail etc.) then my service
has been rock solid. For the past few years I've even opted for their
"premium" service (was 9MBit/1MBit) and I nearly always got what was
advertised. You may want to dig up my earlier post on the tricks
required to maintain this...but in my area (McClintock/Southern)
everything has simply worked well for about the past 3 years or so.

I've heard/seen/experienced all sorts of issues with US
West/Qwest/Whatever...Nearly everyone in my family and circle of
friends has had nothing but problems with them both from a reliability
standpoint as well as their behavior as a company.

$0.02