Fwd: Update from the LISA '08 Program Chair

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 11:50:41 MST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lionel Garth Jones <lgj at usenix.org>
Date: Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:46 AM
Subject: [nylug-talk] Update from the LISA '08 Program Chair
To: nylug-talk at nylug.org

Progress continues on planning for the LISA '08 conference. I'm
 excited to announce that representatives from the the U.S. Central
 Intelligence Agency have agreed to deliver the keynote address. Some
 invited talks submissions have already been received and
 acknowledged. Inquiries are coming in about the paper submission
 process and the refereed paper submission Web form will be open soon.

 Deadlines for paper and invited talk submissions are approaching in May.
 If you are thinking about submitting content for this year, now is the
 time to get organized and go for it.

 The quality of the conference depends in large part on the quantity
 and quality of content submitted by our community. I have all too
 often heard people tell me that they think they are doing
 interesting work, but are gun-shy about submitting. They don't know
 if it meets the "LISA standard" or are not sure if anyone else is
 interested in their niche. As the Program Chair of this year's
 conference, I encourage folks to *not* self-censor: be brave and
 submit your work. The LISA '08 organizers are here to help you with
 the content and presentation. Please email lisa08chair at usenix.org if
 you would like help getting your paper ready for submission.

 Important Deadlines Approaching:
 -- Extended abstract and paper submissions: May 8, 2008
 -- Invited talk and workshop proposals: May 20, 2008
 -- Guru Is In and Hit the Ground Running proposals: May 31, 2008
 -- Poster proposals: July 16, 2008

 Finally, USENIX offers discounts for organizations sending 5 or more
 employees to LISA. Please note this if you need to lobby your employer
 to allow you to attend.

 The Call for Participation with submission guidelines and sample topics
 can be found on the USENIX Web site at http://www.usenix.org/lisa08/cfpb

 We look forward to hearing from you!

 On behalf of the LISA '08 organizers,

 Mario Obejas, Raytheon