dsl/cable-cable

Michael Sammartano volinaz at cox.net
Tue Apr 22 00:14:12 MST 2008

Here is a link that explains most of what you 'want' to know. Most of the valley is using DOCSIS 2 or 3 and ADSL. The speeds you may compare and base your decision on that. FWIW though, Cable will always be faster from an engineering standpoint, and the cable companies have made it clear we will see 1gbps or more in the very near future. I am sure you will hear more about why DSL is faster ( they are opinions as well ) but you can't argue with the physical characteristics from one to the other. DSL is priced accordingly and so is cable. Some complain cable has been a hassle, others say the same about DSL. I personally have been using cable since version 1 ( cable download and phone upload ) and I have experienced only a few disturbances. I also live less than 1/4mile from Shea Blvd. and there is Fiber there so my speeds are great. In other areas of town, there is more copper and older lines. There are alot of things factoring into the opinions you will hear, but the bottom line is cable is faster..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_device_bandwidths

--
Please visit
http://www.iconnetworksolutions.com