Apr west side meeting: Ubuntu desktop class

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Apr 21 09:40:51 MST 2008

Am 21. Apr, 2008 schwätzte Charles Lewton so:

> Please confirm the day and date for this meeting.  Tuesday seems to be
> 22Apr.

Oi. That's what I get for starting something before midnight :).

It's this Wednesday, the 23rd. Thanks for catching that error.

http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/node/368

ciao,

der.hans

> Chuck
>
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 11:55 PM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
>
>> moin moin,
>>
>> In April the west side meeting will start going through the Ubuntu desktop
>> class.
>>
>> Pizza might or might not be available this month.
>>
>> Topic: Ubuntu desktop class - course welcome and introducing Ubuntu
>> Day: this Wednesday, 2008Apr22
>> Time: 19:00
>> Where: Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics
>> Address: 2820 West Kelton Lane, Phoenix, AZ 85053
>> Presenter: der.hans
>>
>> Abstract: the west side meetings will start going through the Ubuntu
>> desktop class, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Training. In April we will go
>> through the Welcome and Course Overview and then continue with Introducing
>> Ubuntu.
>>
>> Bio: der.hans is a well-known Free Software advocate. He is currently
>> teaching Free Software classes for Mesa Community College's Business and
>> Industry Institute, http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes. He is chairmain for
>> PLUG, volunteer coordinator and education committee chair for LOPSA and
>> past president for ASULUG. He has many years of experience as both a
>> system administrator and software developer.
>>
>> It would be good if at least a couple of people have read the materials
>> prior to the meeting.
>>
>> The classes definitely have room for input from those in attendence, so
>> feel free to help keep us moving along smoothly. We are also looking to
>> help others prepare for leading the classes. This is a great opportunity
>> to participate as the materials are already written.
>>

>> http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&q=conservatory+for+arts+and+academics&near=Arizona&fb=1&cid=0,0,9627727932323631353&ll=33.637239,-112.11903&spn=0.008522,0.015578&t=h&z=16&om=1
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>> --
>> #  https://www.LuftHans.com/        https://LOPSA.org/
>> #  Freedom isn't everything, but without freedom you have nothing. -
>> der.hans

#  https://www.LuftHans.com/        https://LOPSA.org/
#  Don't step in front of speeding cars, don't eat explosives
#  and don't use m$ LookOut :). - der.hans