Possible Accounting Software Solution

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 19 17:45:42 MST 2008

Hi Fellow PLUG Members,

Several months ago we has a discussion  about accounting systems.  One concern was not being able to export your data.

I had lunch with a friend who now works at Intuit and he pointed out QuickBooks Simple Start.

When I got home I took a look and found it is free.  It runs on Windows which is no problem for me since my workstation/desktop is XP. (My development server is Linux)  I downloaded the free version and it looks like it will do what I need.  For several hundred dollars more I can upgrade to a version that will allow me to export data to Excel.

Here is a page for download and the comparison chart.

Keith

Keith Smith
(520) 207-9877
PHP Programmer