gmail handling and kmail

Technomage-hawke technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 05:51:07 MST 2007

ok.
on accident, I lost one of my kmail configurations due to a power outage.
after I rebuilt it, I discovered that I could actually send mail via gmail
smtp (using the settings as outlined on their "other clients" FAQ).

so, with that in mind, I "edited" this kmail configuration for this account,
let it rebuild, placed the proper information in and.... BOOM. it now works.
no more strange errors from kmail about gmail not supporting one thing or
another. :)

anyway. it is amazing what one finds on accident.