asterisk: forward disconnect and Cox

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Sep 25 23:05:19 MST 2007

moin moin,

still trying to get Asterisk working in my spare nanoseconds.

I found documentation suggestion I verify that "disconnect supervision"
aka "forward disconnect" is enabled.

I hadn't realized we have Cox phone service rather than Qwest. Sorry for
not having that info on previous emails.

Just talked to phone tech support at Cox ( after getting Internet tech
support twice and being disconnected ). The person was nice, patient and
appeared to be willing to help out. She didn't know what "disconnect
supervision" or "forward disconnect" were, so put me on hold to talk to
internal tech support.

The response she got was that my answering device isn't compatable with
Cox phone service :(.

Does having service via Cox rather than Qwest change what I need to do to
get Asterisk to recognize call initiation and termination? Asterisk
doesn't recognize hangups and ties up the line for long periods of time.
Some might see this as a bonus :).

Do I need to call it something else when asking for support from Cox?

Any recommendations for a card that actually works? I want to connect to a
POTS line for receiving and initiating phone calls. I want the possibility
of that POTS line to be whatever source of POTS lines we get in the
Phoenix area.

I also want to ring through the phone card to a phone.

I also want to use a small Sipura SIP box that has 2 RJ11 connectors and
can handle two phones.

There are many other things I want to do, but that's the initial setup. If
I can get that working such that I don't break it with further
experimentation I can play with Asterisk.

ciao,

der.hans
#  HERE LIES LESTER MOORE
#  SHOT 4 TIMES WITH A .44