Sendmail authentication configuration?

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Mon Sep 24 10:47:27 MST 2007

Craig White wrote:
> ----
> you get the submission port (587) for free (no real effort) by the
> instructions I was giving you (listening). I would expect that you can
> instruct sendmail to use it for sending without too much difficulty (but
> that I am not certain of the methodology).

Exactly.  This is where the documentation is not clear to me.  Telling
the server to send on a different port is not documented as far as I
have found.

BTW, I do need to use an odd port.  The relaying server does not use
port 25 or 587.  It has to be something else.  The provider is using
security by obscurity and requires a strange port for SMTP connections.

Maybe this cannot be done by Sendmail...

Alan