CentOS install prob

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Sep 20 19:50:14 MST 2007

moin moin,

I'm trying to install CentOS 5.0 on a 3ware driver that doesn't have
support in the install kernel.

3ware provided a driver that insmods just fine and I can see the RAID
device.

I can then do an install, but upon reboot the kernel panics.

###
Trying to resume from LABEL=SWAP-sda5
Unable to access resume device (LABEL=SWAP-sda5)
Creating root device.
Mounting root filesystem.
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
###

I was able to boot the rescue image, load the 3ware module and open up the
initrd being used for the boots. The initrd has the 3ware module as well
as the scsi_mod driver and ext3 driver. It looks like everything is there.

I can also see in the boot that the 3ware driver gets loaded and the 3ware
device gets recognized.

I've tried both 64 bit and 32 bit installs.

Any ideas as to what module is missing? Is it something else?

ciao,

der.hans
#  We now return you to your regularly scheduled paranoia...