qmail and plesk and many in queue but not yet preprocessed

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Thu Sep 20 12:44:01 MST 2007

There are a few things that slow down email:
in /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa - disable reverse dns lookups when sending mail:
    server_args     = -Rt0 ...
Take a close look at the server_args line.. is it referencing a defunct RBL?

Make sure there isn't a mail box corruption issue (Restore settings for
all mailboxes):
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mchk --with-spam

Likely qmail-scanner or spamassassin are chewing up your CPU.
Consider installing greylisting (qgreylist), it will reduce your email
load significantly.
You can get plesk specific RPM's here: http://www.atomicorp.com

JD