New "EEE" super-portable laptop $199

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Tue Sep 18 14:04:08 MST 2007

.
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, keith smith wrote
> I have a laptop that is 5 years old.
> It really is time to replace it.
> I would like to get 5 years out of the
> next laptop I buy.
>
> Did I miss the purchase information for the ASUS EEE?

The announcement said they would start shipping in October
(next month) and expect to deliver 2-3 million units in the
first year; but the "local" demand (in the Far East) is already
so overwhelming that it may be a while before they can satisfy
that demand and produce enough to deliver any significant
number of units to the U.S.

I recently bought an excellent, well equipped IBM Thinkpad for
$300 and have seen several more on Craigslist, so that may be
an option.