PmWiki Password implementation

Harold Michels hmichels01 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 15 22:31:31 MST 2007

I have been trying to implement individual user logins for a PMWiki that
I have on a personal web site. It looks like it is version 2.1.27. At
least that is the highest version listed in the release notes.

I have successfully set up the config.php so that it implements the
admin, read and edit passwords for the site.

I have set the config.php file so it links the authuser.php file which
in turn gives individual password control to the AuthUser page.

When I have this page in control and try to logon it presents a login
screen that asks for a login name and password instead of just asking
for a password. I can log onto the site using the admin and read, but
not the edit name. This is expected action since I am not editing at
that point. It will accept the edit password if I try to edit a page.

It will not allow me to log on with any other name password combination
that I have tested. The AuthUser page encrypts the name when the edited
page is saved. I do not see any way to put the Wiki into any kind of
troubleshooting mode or generating output that would give a clue about
what the difficulty is.

There is supposed to be a Wiki forum but I have not been able to locate
it. When you do a web search using the term Wiki you seem to get a
listing of every Wiki out there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Harold