trouble playing .mov files

Josh Coffman joshcoffman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 08:22:32 MST 2007

No error, just stops. mplayer can play the movie if I download it, which is
good enough.
btw, i did have to install mencoder.
I think I've kinda made by box a little screwy by mixing repos.

perhaps a better question is how to clean up a system?
only I'm hesitant to do so because everything is running almost perfect.