RT Request Tracker

Kurt Granroth kurt+plug-discuss at granroth.com
Thu Sep 6 18:25:39 MST 2007

Jon M. Hanson wrote:
> Craig Brooksby wrote:
>> I manage a team of 5 who do a wide variety of small tech projects for
>> our customers.  We need a "request tracking" or "issue tracking"
>> system to both help us collaborate among ourselves, but also
>> communicate to 100 coworkers and 900 clients.
>>
>> I have been looking at RT from http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/ and it
>> seems to have all the features we need.
>>
>> If anyone has other suggestions or experience, please chime in.  Thanks.
>>
> I use Bugzilla at work (http://www.bugzilla.org). It's web-based so
> you'll need to run it on a machine with Apache and MySQL.

We use both RT and Bugzilla at work.  Bugzilla is used for software bugs
whereas RT is used for issues like failed deployment, misconfigurations,
production issues, etc.  Every department has an RT queue attached to a
particular email address so anybody can email, say,
devel-help at company.com and an RT ticket will be issued for it.  It works
pretty well.

I can't comment on how easy/hard it is to setup either since I've only
used them as the end-user.

Kurt