RT Request Tracker

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at compunetconsulting.com
Thu Sep 6 13:41:34 MST 2007

A great product for this type of thing is Jira by Atlassian.  While it's
geared more towards development (which we do), we've adapted an instance
for general issue tracking for technical support.  Depending on which
version you need, it will cost some money, but it's definitely worth it
in the long run since a) it looks good and polished (compared to RT,
etc.), and b) it's a snap to setup

On a side note, we've purchased Confluence and tied the 2 together -
really allows us to put together some great documentation for inside the
department vs. the rest of the company vs. our customers.

-Mike