Automated emails

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Sep 5 21:37:41 MST 2007

Am 05. Sep, 2007 schwätzte Bryan O'Neal so:

> I have come to the point I would like to set up something to watch
> incoming emails pick out key words and forward them on to known parties
> and to email addresses taken from the incoming email.  Basically we want
> to start doing tailed auto responses to email generated via web forms or
> certain public emails such as StopAThife at Cornerstonehome.com.

Sounds like a job for procmail. You should've attended my presentation
last year :).

I do think you want something that doesn't require a mail client.

You could also use an aliases DB for whatever SMTP daemon you're using.

Try man on procmailrc and procmailex. Also, look at aliases mechanisms for
whatever SMTP daemon you're using.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Communications without intelligence is noise;
#  Intelligence without communications is irrelevant."
#  Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC