Access database conversion

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Wed Sep 5 19:38:17 MST 2007

Access is by nature a multi user database and their should be no reason
they four PC could not hit the same access file located on any standard
file server (Including a Linux smb server)  However you need access on
all computers OR something that understands access.
If they are running windows based machines and the Access database is
form driven (you never have to manually open tables and query's) then
the other four machines could run off of this database using the free
(as in no cost) MS Access runtime.
If they are windows PC's or Linux boxes with a lot of work put into them
for web compatibility, and the database is nicely form based, and they
have an IIS 6 web server, you can host the database online.

Other then that the elegant solution depends on what kinds of clients
you plan to use.  I am sure you had not intended to put them on command
line sql clients on no X nix boxes ;)

Rite now I sorta fail to see why you would need to convert or set up
duel booting.  More information may be required to help solve this
problem