Puppy LInux WAS new Distro

JT Moree moreejt at pcxperience.com
Sat Sep 1 14:18:20 MST 2007

On Wednesday 29 August 2007 17:14:01 Patrick P wrote:
>  I am working on a project to create a lightweight Linux workstation distro
> for older hardware, mainly PII and PIII machines. The goal is a functional

I used Puppy Linux for my desktop for the last few weeks and I can say I'm
very happy with it.  This is a new system not an old one so I don't know
about performance issues on old systems.

It's made to fit on a 128M flash drive but I had it installed on a 512M usb
drive until my hard drives arrived.  It is now installed as my boot manager
on the hard drive.  I have both grub and puppy managing all the other OSes on
the system.

It has basic apps like seamonkey, paint, multimedia, network, and package
management where you can add more.  It even plays encyrpted DVDs--which is
more than I can say for k/ubuntu out of the box!

http://www.puppylinux.org/

believed to be clean.