Linux device driver project needs more unsupported devices to work on?

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Mon Oct 29 07:50:51 MST 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 12:37:13AM -0700, Dazed_75 wrote:
> well pardon me for bringing this up.  If you all want to be so
> absolute that ONLY a totally free solution is possible we can all go
> back to the dark ages where the only choice for non-geeks is M$ and
> A$.
>
> I am not going to apologize for thinking that people having 99% of a
> freedom is a good thing.  OK, proprietary drivers are not good things,
> but freedoms are not worth much if most of the people cannot use them.
>
> That said, I am deleting this thread and will not respond to it
> further.  Carry on your closed discussion if you like.

I'm very sorry that you've taken what I said that way. I don't mean to
shut anyone down, and I don't want a flame war. I do feel this is an
important topic, and that it's worth getting to the core issues.

Not everyone feels the way I do. I don't expect that. But I would like
people to understand the issues and then make their decisions based on
knowledge and understanding. Especially I want people who are interested
in software freedom to understand the implications of some of the
seemingly good things that don't have the supposed effect.

I'm CC'ing you on this, hopefully to encourage you to not stop
participating in this thread. You want Linux to get better, and so do I.
We may not agree on everything, but I think we want the same things in
the end.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/