Evolution and Exchange

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Fri Oct 26 09:23:07 MST 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 07:50 -0700, Mark Phillips wrote:
> Does anyone on this list use a similar setup? Are you having a similar
> experience? Is the evolution-exchange setup not yet ready for primetime,
> or do I need to start complaining to Mailstreet about a
> slow/intermittent connection? I don't think I am experiencing
> intermittent cox.net outages, since whenever evolution slows
> down/crashes/locks up I can use a browser to access my Mailstreet
> account with no delays.

I've used Evolution with the Exchange plugin for a while.  I don't get
that many crashes, but I would say that Evolution is much less stable.
The release notes for the 2.12 version of Evolution make a note of the
Exchange fixes, so it might be a lot better.  I have not tried it yet.
The reality is, I won't as I'm leaving the job which forced me to use
Exchange today :)

		--Ted