ubuntu updates

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 08:38:44 MST 2007

On 10/24/07, Chris Gehlker <canyonrat at mac.com> wrote:

> On Oct 24, 2007, at 9:14 PM, Craig White wrote:
>
> > what?
> >
> > of course you should install the updates - they all came from Ubuntu
> > sources right?
> >

> Yep. Install them. They didn't hurt my  system.
> --
> Seven Deadly Sins? I thought it was a to-do list!

BTW, you can look at the reason for each update if you like.  At the
left of the update manager window and below the list of updates there
is a place to click for details.  If you do that the window will
expand and show an area containing information about whichever update
you have highlighted in the upper area of the window.  And unlike M$,
the details are sometimes meaningful.

Sometimes the detail for an update says the details are not yet
available.and sometimes I uncheck those to update those until the
detail becomes available. Note that you want to be a bit careful when
there are multiple related updates (e.g. if there are multiple updates
for Open Office, I would update them all at once or not at all).
--
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being
either proven right or pleasantly surprised.