Intel-Core2 Duo T7500 or AMD-Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-64

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Wed Oct 24 08:11:25 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 21:02 -0700, Jorge Delacruz wrote:
> However, what I think is more important is the video
> chipset.  Avoid Intel video.

I wouldn't really agree with this.  While, for gamers, the Intel
chipsets are underpowered, for most users that isn't an issue.  But,
Intel has a better track record with Open Source.  While ATI has opened
up specs Intel is paying engineers to write open source drivers.  Unless
your doing hard core gaming, I would recommend Intel on Linux.

		--Ted