couldn't get connected.....

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Fri Oct 19 20:48:41 MST 2007

Two days ago I turnewd my computer off and a couple of hours later back on.
The modem was working but no connectivity so I called COX today. I got the
standard 'We don't support your operating system but the modem is working.'
Then, after noticing a message durring startup that said 'No DHCP offer', I
consulted with a Linux Geek (whose phone number I posses) and he said that it
is probably my ethernet card. So a new one was picked up at FRY'S Electronics
and it was installed. I started up the computer and it bitched about an IRQ.
I think I need a driver for it (it is a 10/100/1000 D-Link card picked up for
24 bucks). Upset, I reinstalled thye old card and everything came up. Why did
this happen?