USB Wifi

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Fri Oct 19 18:05:03 MST 2007

From: "jordi laforge" <laforge.jordi at gmail.com>
> On 10/19/07, Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/19/07, jordi laforge <laforge.jordi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Can anyone recommend a good usb wifi adapter for use with Linux?
> > For what Linux?
> I'm talking for Linux

I'd *hope* so.  I believe that what Dazed_75 meant was "Which version
of which distro are you using?"

> more specifically one of those usb dongle adapters.

The source for a vanilla 2.6.22.1 kernel shows only one mentioned USB
802.11 device that I can find.  This is any hardware based on the Zydas
ZD1201 chip.  I'm sure that there are plenty of other devices that could
be made to work with ndiswrapper.  There's a list of USB networking
devices at http://qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdevcat.php?id=16 , so it might
be useful to go there and see if there's anything mentioned there that
you can obtain via pricewatch/Newegg/Fried Hardware.  HTH,