fans and cooling

Josh Coffman joshcoffman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:55:11 MST 2007

Hi, I need to replace a fan in my home desktop, but I have a bigger
nuisance with the thing than just that fan. It sits in a cpu cabinet
that is built into my desk. This doesn't provide good enough air
circulation, so I have to leave the door on that cabinet open. The
door sticks out, is easy to bump into, and would be nice if I could
close it.

I've thought about water cooling but wouldn't I have to pump the water
outside of the desk to cool it off? I'm sure I'd have to cool the cpu
and the video card.. and it starts to become more of a pain.

Anyone have suggestions on keeping a box cool that is inside of a desk
cabinet? I'm not opposed to modifying the desk as long as it's not an
ugly mod.

--
Regards,
Josh