OT: Mock Terrorist Attack

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Tue Oct 9 12:22:57 MST 2007

On 10/3/07, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
> Am 03. Oct, 2007 schwätzte Michael Sammartano so:
>
> > It was my pleasure! Helping a Human in need is a great rush!
>
> Yes, I also like helping people. [...]
>
> >> #  "The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that
> >> #  he should be able and willing to pull his weight."  -- Theodore Roosevelt
>
> Hmm, the random quote on my previous email seems appropriate.
>
> The random quote on this email is also somewhat appropriate :).
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  https://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.CiscoLearning.org/
> #  Schließlich verteidigt Amerika Freiheit. Und Freiheit beginnt mit dem Wort.
> #    -- Gunter Grass

Google's "free" translation of
   "Schließlich verteidigt Amerika Freiheit. Und Freiheit beginnt mit dem Wort."
is:
   "Finally, America defended freedom. And freedom starts with the word."
Actually,
maybe a more human translator (like der hans) could do better for the first word
(maybe "at last"?  or something like "above all"?  or even "most importantly"?)
Just a reminder that Google's has a "free" translator service.
   (http://translate.google.com/translate_t)
   (e.g., http://translate.google.com/translate_t?langpair=de|en)
--
Mike Schwartz