Mail Accounts

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Tue Oct 2 14:47:34 MST 2007

After a long battle with technology, Joey Prestia wrote:
> I recently went from Mandriva and Postfix to Redhat and Sendmail and in the
> process lost root's mail and webmaster and a few other accounts that were
> in the aliases file for Postfix does anyone know how I go about getting
> them back?

postfix (and just about all MTAs) store aliases in /etc/aliases .  exim reads
the file directly, while sendmail turns that file into some sort of database
and reads that.  First, edit /etc/aliases and make sure it's correct.  You
use "newaliases" to regenerate that database from the plaintext file, so do
that if you haven't done it.  HTH,

--
   You have me mixed up with more creative ways of being stupid.
   --MegaHAL, trained on random gibberish