linux on laplop w/ wireless

Matthew Harnden mtharnden at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 23:30:22 MST 2007

ok, now in the blacklist, for the latest madwifi , version 0.9.3.3 or whatever it is..
  what do i need to type into the blacklist?

Josh Coffman <joshcoffman at gmail.com> wrote:
  I don't know about your chipset, but watch out for the drivers that
fedora includes. you may have to blacklist the included kernel module
to laod the madwifi. at least I had to do blacklist the bcm43xx driver
to get ndiswrapper to work.

On Nov 26, 2007 9:16 PM, Matthew Harnden wrote:
> ok, im sure youve heard this before
> so i just bought a new laptop (a sony vaio vgn-nr110e)
> and i installed fedora cor 8
>
> but i have run into a problem... no wireless
>
> i have the "Atheros AR5006EG 802.11 b/g wireless PCI Express Adapter (Rev
> 01)"
> and i tried the madwifi drivor
> that didnt work
>
> now i know noext to nothing about linux
> if i have detailed instructions (like exactly what to type) i can do things
>
> so if anyone knows what to do please help me

Regards,
Josh
http://www.linkedin.com/in/joshuacoffman