linux on laplop w/ wireless

Josh Coffman joshcoffman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 07:58:53 MST 2007

I'm not sure how to address your specific network card. the fedora
blacklist file is in /etc/modprobe.d, the name of the file is
'blacklist'. you just enter the name of the module you want
blacklisted. In my example, i had to add "blacklist bcm43xx" to the
end of the blacklist file. You can edit that file as root using either
a text editor or a command lined editor like vi or vim.

Others on the list should be able to be more specific. I hope he
doesn't mind me mentioning him, but Craig White would probably be able
to help if he's not too busy. (Are you listening Craig?)