I hate Plesk (Backup Hell)

fouldragon at aol.com fouldragon at aol.com
Thu Nov 22 14:44:33 MST 2007

Well, because 18 months ago when the boss said to requisition the
server, he said to get Plesk; the hosting firm offered similarly
configured cPanel and Plesk packages at similar prices, and he wanted
Plesk for some reason.

The files Pleskbackup 8.1 makes are strange: they're formatted like
multi-part MIME-encoded email almost-- I see a block of XML which
evidently defines the account, a seperator, then some binary stuff.

I've tried to staple something together that just tar-gzips up the
relevant directories.  Hopefully that will at least let us sleep at
night.