Running X on a virtual dedicated server

Jon M. Hanson jon at the-hansons-az.net
Fri Nov 16 21:13:14 MST 2007

If you're using ssh on that system then restarting sshd on that
system will have no effect. The sshd demon accepts connections to
your machine and has nothing to do with outgoing connections. That's
why you can restart sshd and it didn't affect your outgoing ssh
connection.

You might also need to do an "xhost +" to allow your X server to
accept connections before your try to open up any X programs.
---
Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
Weblog: http://the-hansons-az.net/wordpress/
Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/