another compiz question

Cary Mabe cary_mabe at msn.com
Tue Nov 13 12:10:43 MST 2007

First of all, let me say thank you for all the help.  I got it all working!!! did a fresh install of compiz, removing all the parts and dependencies first.  then I made sure that xgl was running.   Opened a command prompt and did compiz --replace, and there ya go!  just to make sure the windows were all behaving properly, I put the Beryl manager on as well, and then installed the emerald window deal too.  Now the best of all worlds in my opinion, familiar windows with some verrrrrry cool features with the desktop itself.

Thank you again.   Now I'm off to find something else to break and learn with, and mebbe find a class or two to take.  I love this stuff!

Cary