OT: how to set up a newsletter mailing list

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Mon Nov 12 19:43:28 MST 2007

> What is the best way to set up a newsletter mailing list
> so I can send the same email message once a month to all
> of the email addresses (about 100) in my mailing list
> without using Cc: or Bcc:?  This would *not* be spam
> as these are email addresses of my own clients.

If you have a server, then setup majordomo, mailman, sympa or other
mailing list manager. You can set it up to restrict posting (accept by
who you want to specifically allow). By using a mailing list, the
subscribers can manage their own subscription. And smart mailing lists can
handle bounces (to verify or unsubscribe for example).

This list is ran by mailman by the way. I use minimalist for some lists.
(I also wrote a MLM called easylist.)

  Jeremy C. Reed