POS?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Nov 4 10:25:45 MST 2007

Am 04. Nov, 2007 schwätzte Charles Jones so:

moin moin Charles,

> Anyone know of any decent POS (Point of Sale) solutions that preferably
> run on LAMP?  A friend is looking for something pretty simple that can
> handle daily POS, inventory, and of course control a simple cash drawer.

we've got at least one person supporting a GNU/Linux-based point of sale
system.

Looks like BananaPOS hasn't been updated in a while.

http://www.tinyerp.com/

Claims to have PoS and is being maintained.

http://ck-erp.org/drupal/index.php

That one has really obnoxious ad setup :(.

http://www.manaha.com/en/desarrollo_ntpv.html

PoS for restaraunts that now does other stuff. Oooh, it has debs :).

It also suggests editing /etc/group rather than using {user,group}mod :(.

Looks like a bunch more by searching for POS on FreshMeat. Savanna might
have some listed as well.

In any case, please remind your friend to pay for support of anything
business critical, such as a PoS system :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  "I never let schooling get in the way of my education." -- Mark Twain