cox business broadband for home

Technomage technomage-hawke at cox.net
Wed May 23 03:45:16 MST 2007

On Tuesday 22 May 2007 20:22, Bill Lindley wrote:
> I have had Qwest DSL with FastQ as my business ISP for years now.
> Almost never any problems.  About a year ago they upgraded my connection
> to 1.5Mb down / 768Kb up at no extra charge.  I can run any servers I like.
>
> Qwest has been a pleasure to work with, in every case since I moved here
> in 1991.

I can't say I had the same experience. I was one of their "roll out testers"
for DSL starting in 1993. from day one, there were *HUGE* problems (starting
with billing, or the lack of coordination between DSL and Qwest billing Dept
resulting in at least 14 months where I didn't get a bill, was told I owed
nothing and then got a final bill totaling somewhere in the mid $3,000
range), then there were the service outages (and I was 600 feet from the
C.O.)

that was my old address on n. 27th Ave at the time. the Address where I am now
had nothing but trouble from day one. service outages almost constantly,
service calls that would take *DAYS* to answer and finally, after filing a
complaint with the BBB, the AZCC and the State Attorney General, the response
I got back from Qwest was an accusation of "running illegal services in
violation of our AUP on <specified dates>". There was one small problem with
that counter complaint, on the specified dates in question, I had been
without service of any kind (telephone and DSL) for almost 3 weeks!

Needless to say, I switched everything to cox residential and never looked
back. Qwest to this day still insists that I owed them $3,592.68 + accrued
interest and penalties (collections fees) for service thatthey say I still
had from 1998 to 2000 (I switched from their PSTN to cox in Sept of 1998 and
notified Qwest in writing of this by certified mail - of which I have the
signed receipt still on record).

I am not sure what Qwest is like now and I have NO INCLINATION to return to
them (I'll get cell with a data plan before I go back to them).

TMH