possible transp. [ride] (was: Re: NASA talk this Wed.)

Mike Schwartz mike.l.schwartz at gmail.com
Tue May 22 12:55:05 MST 2007

((see below for "Reply from Mike S."))

On 5/21/07, Tuna <tuna at supertunaman.com> wrote:

> Ah, why can't cool stuff like that happen at the stammtisch?
>
> Well can somebody please tell me ALL about it?
>
> And that's amazing! This guy is going to work at Google instead of
> participating in the launching of things at the moon? (Of course, who
> wouldn't, to get a 5-star chef cook for you every day for free)
>
> > moin moin,
> >
> > just a reminder about this month's west side meeting.
> >
> > Noel Gorelick of the Mars Space Flight Facility at Arizona State
> > University will be discussing ASU's participation in the robotic
> > exploration of the planet Mars, and how linux plays a part in that work.
> >
> > Noel did a great job with his last presentation for PLUG. Lots of really
> > cool pictures of Mars and stories behind what was going on. He was also
> > great presenter as well as having really, really cool materials. This
> > might be the last chance to catch the talk as Noel is leaving the Mars
> > Space Flight Facility at ASU to work for Google.
> >
> > Please post this to DeLUG, ASULUG, etc. Also let whoever might be
> > interested in cool science stuff know.
> >
> > PLUG meetings are open to the public and no cost, so anyone can attend.
> >
> > Wednesday, 2007May23, starting at 19:00. The ACAA is near the I-17 and
> > Bell Road.
> >
> > Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics
> > 2820 West Kelton Lane Phoenix, AZ 85053
> >
> > http://acaa.edkey.org/
> > http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2820+W+Kelton+Lane+Phoenix,+AZ+85053
> >
> > http://www.LuftHans.com/node/5526
> >
> > ciao,
> >
> > der.hans
> > --
> > #  https://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.CiscoLearning.org/
> > [...]

Reply from Mike S.:

Tuna:  [off list:]
If you can get there (maybe by bus?)
(it is walking dist. from the "Bell Rd and I-17"
park-n-ride),
then I can take you home afterwards.
There is also a park-n-ride near Metro Center,
which is close to where  I work.
(I might be going straight from work.)
Actually, if you can get a [bus, or "other"]
ride, to anywhere "near" I-17,
I could probably get you to the meeting,
and then home after.
OR, is it that you have some other
"previous" time committment?...
In that case,
that is outside the scope of this memo...
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ
schwartz at acm.org