VNC remote screen blanking

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Mon May 21 15:34:59 MST 2007

VNC by nature will use a different X screen.  When you start vncserver
with :1, it'll start X, encapsulate it inside of a virtual session
unseen on screen and connectible by saying "vncviewer hostname:1"

That's how it's always worked for me rigth out of the box.

As far as root console, I won't touch that with a 10 foot pole.
--Dan