VNC remote screen blanking

Nate Plamondon nplamondon at gmail.com
Mon May 21 13:37:37 MST 2007

I use my home computer (running Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft) with gnome 2.16.1)
frequently from work and elsewhere via x11vnc 0.8.2.  It works fine,
although a bit slow.  I am, however, concerned about all my actions showing
on-screen at home.  I would be much more comfortable with this solution if I
was able to keep my home screen blank and locked while interacting
remotely.  All the advice I've been able to find points to using another X
session on the home machine, but I would very much like to use my root
console.  Do any of you have a solution or suggestions on where to look?

--
Nate Plamondon
nplamondon<spam>@[sucks]gmail.com