Where and how (and if) to install the Firefox "flash" plugin

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon May 21 02:31:16 MST 2007

On 5/21/07, Lynn Newton <lynn.newton at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I do not add many plugins to FF either in Linux or Windows.  I
> explicitly DO
> > NOT download/add ANY add-ons from links that pop up on web sites.  >
> Basicly I
> > do not trust the average site to be honest or competent to add something
> > my system.
>
> Well, that's way to look at it I suppose.
>
> Personally, as a pretty heavy web user and developer I have 13
> Firefox downloads on my Linux version, and don't know how I ever
> lived without any of them. Well ... there is one and maybe two
> that I could dispense with.
>
> Every one that I use I've found by going to Firefox's extensions
> site at addons.mozilla.com and downloading what looks good after
> reading any appropriate reviews. I also figure anything that's
> marked as particularly popular is being used by a lot of people,
> so is likely to work.
>
> Exactly my point Lynn. addons.mozilla.com being one of the trusted sites.
What I was clumsily trying to say is that if I see a link in a news item,
blog or whatever for an add-on, I NEVER use that link to get the add-on.  As
far as the number of add-ons, I don't think I have ever had more than 5 or 6
but I also don't see 13 as a large number compared to some folks.  On the
other hand, I think I have only ever had FF crash once or twice and I also
use it heavily.  Sometimes I will have 20-30 tabs open
and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss